We Would Like to See You!
We are currently seeing all well patients on our office and we encourage you to schedule your child’s annual well visit now if they have not been seen yet this year.
We have adopted the following policies to keep our patients, their families, and our staff safe during the pandemic. These practices will continue until public health recommendations change.
- All staff will be masked during your visit and we ask that all parents/caregivers, patients above the age of two also please wear a face covering at all times while they are in our office. Children under the age of two should NOT be wearing a mask or face covering as this creates a suffocation risk.
- We are asking families to come to appointments with only the patient(s) and one parent/guardian. Please leave siblings at home when at all possible.
- Our waiting room is currently closed, and we ask that you call the office when you have arrived. We are staggering the coming and going of families to reduce any contact. A staff member will escort you directly to the exam room when it is ready.
- All exam rooms are disinfected thoroughly after each appointment. We ask that you and your child sit only on the patient chairs or the exam table in the rooms while you wait.
- PLEASE let us know if you or your child have any symptoms of illness or known possible exposure to COVID-19 before you enter our office. You will receive a phone call the morning of your appointment for some quick “COVID screening” questions.
- In the interest of less paper we are asking that the pre-visit paperwork for all children ages 0-11 be completed on the patient portal prior to their visit. If you are not active as an “authorized representative” on your child’s/children’s portal(s) please call the office to be added, if you are a patient 18 or over you should be doing this on your own patient portal so please contact the office for that. In addition, all books and magazines have been removed from the rooms at this time.
- For routine follow ups, behavioral or emotional consults, and any illnesses involving respiratory issues we encourage you to schedule a Telemedicine visit with us. Please call the office to schedule these appointments and for additional information.
As with any preventive measures they only work if they are followed. Please help us to keep you and your family safe by respecting our temporary guidelines. We appreciate all the community’s efforts that have allowed our area to continue to see low levels of spread. We will keep moving forward if we all work together.
Free state testing is currently being offered by appointment only at the MCC Brighton campus https://www.monroecc.edu/coronavirus/ .
To schedule an appointment, click here to register online https://covid19screening.health.ny.gov/ .
We are not doing any COVID testing in our office at this time.
For additional guidance please see the following resources:
- What to Do if You Are Sick https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Public Health Guidance for Community-Related Exposure https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html
- If You Are Sick Isolate https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/isolation.html
- Errands and Going Out https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/going-out.html
- Risk Assessment Chart (PDF)
- Households Living in Close Quarters https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/living-in-close-quarters.html
- Large or Extended Families Living In The same House (PDF)